with Klara Hobza
Let us use the extraordinary current circumstances to introduce positive new habits into our lives; such as a daily drawing routine.
Each morning at 11 AM we meet at our work desks to draw. Even as a beginner, one quickly notices that daily drawing is a great way to increase focus and calm in our lives. For professional artists who aim to increase their drawing practice, these meetings provide a good time structure to get started with this habit. These daily meetings focus on the process of drawing, finding calm and space to be in the zone of drawing and its grounding impact.
Personally and as a professional artist, I hope to introduce this habit of daily drawing in the same way one might practice running, yoga or mediation and integrate it into my every day life even long after the lockdown.
You may bring an object of your choosing for practicing nature study, or simply start or continue working on a project that is already on your mind.
April 27 – May 3, 2020
- After a short warm up exercise, the drawing meetings consist of uninterrupted, quiet drawing time.
- An informal WhatsApp group provides a space to share our drawings.
images: Klara Hobza, Diving through Europe/The reality of things, 2019.
Klara Hobza, Jaw of a six year old, 2018.
You will need:
- Paper, around A4 size
- Pencils of different hardness (If you don’t have access to that, then use any pencils or pens that you can find and I will explain alternative techniques)
- Optional: Eraser, soft eraser “Knetgummi”
Login Instructions: You must download Zoom. Click on the link below and you will be guided through the process.
Join URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5257
Meeting number: 525-711-795
Donation Basis: You do not need to book ahead. Donations can be processed before or after the class takes place.
- Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org (please consider using Friends and Family option, or else adding 5% to the amount to cover processing fee)
- Bank Transfer: details upon request
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive the latest class schedule.