(Foreshortening and other complexities)
with G Caruso
Expand your figure drawing repertoire by learning how to tackle difficult poses. Never be intimidated by foreshortening again.
One of the most common challenges when drawing the figure is how to render foreshortening. Unusual poses can also present unique challenges. This workshop addresses the situations when our brains get tangled trying to figure out how to put on paper what we have before us.
- Foreshortening of arms and legs.
- Dynamic torsions.
- Asymmetrical and unusual poses.
Expand the potential of your figure drawing, stop being scared of unusual points of views! The human body can tell countless stories and you will be ready to understand and capture all of them.
Our Online Workshop Format:
- Livestreaming classes take place via online video conference (using Zoom). The instructor conducts live demos with step-by-step instruction so that you can work together in real time. You also have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback during class time.
- We keep class sizes small and the atmosphere is interactive and supportive.
- Finish exercises or practice at your own pace, at home, outside of class time.
- Receive individual feedback on your completed work and exchange comments and questions with the instructor and your fellow workshop participants in an encouraging environment.
- Find supplemental material and watch the progress of other participants by visiting the workshop Dropbox folder in between classes.
- Recordings from each week’s livestreaming session are available in case you miss a class or want to review a demo.
Apr 22- May 27, 2021
5 x Thursday 6-8 pm CET
(6pm in Berlin, 12pm in New York, 9am in San Francisco, 5pm in London)
Cost: 160 Euros
14 seats available