with G Caruso
Learn beginning and advanced ink drawing techniques for both sketching and realistic drawing during this workshop. Ink is a medium that can be used for great efficiency and accuracy of line, as well more fluid expressive strokes. At its essence, learning to draw and paint with ink is a study in tonality, the very foundation of any successful drawing or painting in any medium. Explore the drama of light and shadow through the use of ink.
Discover the versatile potential of ink:
- organized cross hatching
- calligraphy-like gesture strokes
- defined high contrast shadows
- subtle tonal values when mixed with water
Explore different types of ink based materials, from pigment liners to brush pens, and learn how to choose the best one for our project.
Who is this workshop for?
Either you want to be more sure and bold in your line art or if you want to learn different brush techniques to give dinamism to your textures and backgrounds, learning how to use inks will improve your poetic range
This workshop is part of the year-round workshop series Sketchbook Practice. See scheduled modules for the entire year HERE. Join at the start of any module!
Our Online Workshop Format
- Livestreaming classes take place via online video conference (using Zoom). The instructor conducts live demos with step-by-step instruction so that you can work together in real time. You also have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback during class time.
- We keep class sizes small and the atmosphere is interactive and supportive.
- Finish exercises or practice at your own pace, at home, outside of class time.
- Receive individual feedback on your completed work and exchange comments and questions with the instructor and your fellow workshop participants in an encouraging environment.
- Find supplemental material and watch the progress of other participants by visiting the workshop Dropbox folder in between classes.
- Recordings from each week’s livestreaming session are available in case you miss a class or want to review a demo.
Sketchbook Practice: Inks
July 12 – August 30, 2021
8x Monday from 6-8 pm CET
(6pm in Berlin, 12pm in New York, 9am in San Francisco, 5pm in London)
Cost: 230 Euros
(includes 19% VAT)
12 seats available