with G Caruso
The goal of the workshop is to provide tools to artists and sketchers to be able to sketch an urban scene easily from life or to create landscapes and locations for concept art. We will work mainly on visual clues and line perception when drawing from life and on the effect of the point of view in an visual storytelling situation. There will be live demos and studies from movies and traditional art.
We will use watercolors and inks to work on atmosphere and contrast.
- Basic perspective tools
- How to organize composition, framing and different depth levels/foreground background etc.
How to choose what to detail and what to simplify
This workshop is part of the year-round workshop series Sketchbook Practice. See scheduled modules for the entire year HERE. Join at the start of any module!
Our Online Workshop Format
- Livestreaming classes take place via online video conference (using Zoom). The instructor conducts live demos with step-by-step instruction so that you can work together in real time. You also have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback during class time.
- We keep class sizes small and the atmosphere is interactive and supportive.
- Finish exercises or practice at your own pace, at home, outside of class time.
- Receive individual feedback on your completed work and exchange comments and questions with the instructor and your fellow workshop participants in an encouraging environment.
- Find supplemental material and watch the progress of other participants by visiting the workshop Dropbox folder in between classes.
- Recordings from each week’s livestreaming session are available in case you miss a class or want to review a demo.
May 10 – July 5, 2021
8x Monday from 6-8 pm CET
(6pm in Berlin, 12pm in New York, 9am in San Francisco, 5pm in London)
Cost: 230 Euros
(includes 19% VAT)
1 seats available