(Proportions, bones and joints)
with G Caruso
Learn how the inner structure of the body defines the form of a pose. Understand the structure of a figure through proportions, bones and joints during this online anatomy drawing workshop.
The most important part in a figure drawing is the process of analyzing a pose and understanding the general proportions. In this module we will learn how to build our drawing from the inside, and how to use the knowledge of joint structures and reference points of visible bones to set up the pose on paper.
- The basic geometric structure of the human body and its proportions.
- How to simplify the skeleton to find the reference points we need.
- The way joints and limbs behave in different conditions.
The human body is a complicated machine. G Caruso guides you through its secrets in a fun and understandable way. Build a solid understanding of the body’s structure developed through practice.
This workshop is the first module in the Figure Drawing and Painting Workshop Series. This is a great place to start if you are a beginner or someone more experienced that would like to build a formal foundation.
Our Online Workshop Format:
- Livestreaming classes take place via online video conference (using Zoom). The instructor conducts live demos with step-by-step instruction so that you can work together in real time. You also have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback during class time.
- We keep class sizes small and the atmosphere is interactive and supportive.
- Finish exercises or practice at your own pace, at home, outside of class time.
- Receive individual feedback on your completed work and exchange comments and questions with the instructor and your fellow workshop participants in an encouraging environment.
- Find supplemental material and watch the progress of other participants by visiting the workshop Dropbox folder in between classes.
- Recordings from each week’s livestreaming session are available in case you miss a class or want to review a demo.
Feb 4 – Mar 4, 2021
5 x Thursday 6-8 pm CET
(6pm in Berlin, 12pm in New York, 9am in San Francisco, 5pm in London)
Cost: 160 Euros
5 seats available